Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 New Features for Experienced Linux Administrators
9:00am to 5.00pm
S$3,600 (excl of G.S.T)
|2021 Course Dates
7 – 9 Apr 2021
5 – 7 May 2021
2 – 4 Jun 2021
21 – 23 Jul 2021
11 – 13 Aug 2021
1 – 3 Sep 2021
|None of the published dates will work for you? Speak to our training consultants for a private tuition arrangement or a closed door training.|
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 New Features for Experienced Linux Administrators (RH354) introduces you to updates in the upcoming Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® release. Intended for experienced Linux system administrators, this course offers a rapid orientation to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 based on the pre-release beta. The offering prepares operators, managers, principal system administrators, and other IT professionals with experience in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 for deployments and migrations to the new release.
This course is based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.
• Install Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 using the new packaging, modularity, and appstream features.
• Upgrade from Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 using new tools.
• Perform integrated file system and volume management using Stratis.
• Use Cockpit for system management.
• Create system images with Composer.
• Configure Identity Management using authselect.
• Understand the Wayland graphical display server.
• Deploy containers using the new integrated OCI runtime and tools.
• Configure firewall rules that use the new NFT back end.
Module 1: Preview Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8
Module 2: Install and upgrade to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8
Module 3: Provision and manage servers
Module 4: Adapt to core system changes
Module 5: Implement storage using new features
Module 6: Manage containers with the new runtime
Module 7: Implement enhanced networking features
Module 8: Adapt to virtualization improvements
Click Here for full course outline
More than two decades ago, Red Hat had a spark of an idea—a vision for developing better software. Then and now, collaboration with an ecosystem of IT leaders, open source advocates, developers, and partners creates the perfect foundation for the future of IT—Red Hat® Enterprise Linux®.
Redhat believe open, hybrid technology is the future of IT. The operating system for the cloud is open source. Hybrid IT is a reality in every organization, and ultimately, open technology gives you control over today’s trends and your own future.