Upgrading Your Skills to MCSA Windows Server 2012
9.00am to 5.00pm
80 Jurong East Street 21 #04-04
Devan Nair Institute
S$3,000 (excl of G.S.T)
|2019 Course Dates
Dates available on request
|None of the published dates will work for you? Speak to our training consultants for a private tuition arrangement or a closed door training.|
|Do note that this course listed is a Microsoft Digital Class (DMOC Class). You are required to bring your own device.|
This version of this course, 20417A, utilizes pre-release software in the virtual machines for the labs. This five day course will cover new features and functionality in Windows Server 2012 around Management, Networking Infrastructure, Storage, Access Control, Hyper-V, High Availability, and Identity Federation. Specific technologies covered will include Dynamic Access Control(DAC), High Availability, Failover Clustering, Microsoft Online Backup and changes with Active Directory, Hyper-V and Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS). It is not a Product Upgrade course, detailing the considerations for migrating and upgrading your specific environment to Windows Server 2012. Rather, it will update your skills to Windows Server 2012.
This course is also preparation material, and maps directly to, the Exam 70-417: Upgrading Your Skills to MCSA Windows Server 2012.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
• Install and Configure Servers Based on Windows Server 2012
• Monitor and Maintain Windows Server 2012 Server
• Manage Windows Server 2012 with Windows PowerShell 3.0
• Manage Storage for Windows Server 2012
• Implement Network Services
• Implement DirectAccess
• Implement Failover Clustering
• Implement Hyper-V
• Implement Failover Clustering with Hyper-V
• Implement Dynamic Access Control
• Implement Active Directory Domain Services
• Implement AD FS
Module 1: Installing and Configuring Servers Based on Windows Server 2012
Module 2: Monitoring and Maintaining Windows Server 2012 Servers
Module 3: Managing Windows Server 2012 with Windows PowerShell 3.0
Module 4: Managing Storage for Windows Server 2012
Module 5: Implementing Network Services
Module 6: Implementing DirectAccess
Module 7: Implementing Failover Clustering
Module 8: Implementing Hyper-V
Module 9: Implementing Failover Clustering with Hyper-V
Module 10: Implementing Dynamic Access Control
Module 11: Implementing Active Directory Domain Services
Module 12: Implementing AD FS
Click here for full course Outline
NOTE: The official practice test is available for this exam, you may sign up the practice test as an add-on to your certification package.
Practice Test 70-417
This practice test contains 181 questions and robust explanations. Update contains R2 material.
The MeasureUp 70-417 practice test prepares Candidates for the 70-417 Upgrading Your Skills to MCSA Windows Server 2012 certification exam. Professionals who hold the Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) on Windows Server 2008 certification may take 70-417, which is an upgrade exam, in place of taking exams 70-410, 70-411, and 70-412. Update contains R2 material.
Candidates should have hands-on experience implementing, configuring, and supporting Microsoft Windows Server 2012 servers, core services, advanced services, and networks that are based on Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS). They should also have hands-on experience managing and securing servers, user and group accounts, data, and networks.
Passing Exam 70-417 completes your requirement for this certification:
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Windows Server 2012
Passing Exam 70-417 counts as credit toward the following certifications:
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE): Server Infrastructure MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure
Master the 70-417 Upgrading Your Skills to MCSA Windows Server 2012 content and be ready for exam day success—quickly—with this MeasureUp practice test.
70-417 test contains 181 questions and covers the following objectives:
- Install and Configure Servers – 30
- Configure Server Roles and Features – 11
- Configure Hyper-V – 30
- Install and Administer Active Directory – 11
- Deploy, Manage, and Maintain Servers – 6
- Configure Network Services and Access – 6
- Configure a Network Policy Server Infrastructure – 6
- Configure and Manage Active Directory – 16
- Configure and Manage Group Policy – 8
- Configure and Manage High Availability – 20
- Configure File and Storage Solutions – 7
- Implement Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery – 19
- Configure Identify and Access Solutions – 6
- Configure Network Services – 5
This test includes references to the following media:
- Course 20410
- Microsoft Support
- Microsoft TechNet
- Windows Server 2012 Unleashed
Why Choose the Microsoft Official Practice Test powered by MeasureUp?
Quality test content is extremely important to us so that you will be prepared on exam day. We ensure that all objectives of the exam are covered in depth so you’ll be ready for any question on the exam. Our practice tests are written by industry experts in the subject matter. They work closely with certification providers to understand the exam objectives, participate in beta testing and take the exam themselves before creating new practice tests. Our quality content and innovative technology have earned the prestigious credential of Microsoft Certified Practice Test Provider.
- Online performance-based simulations give hands on work environment experience
- Questions are similar to exam questions so you test your knowledge of exam objectives
- Detailed explanations for both correct and distractor answers reinforce the material
- Study Mode covers all objectives ensuring topics are covered
- Certification Mode (timed) prepares students for exam taking conditions
- Instant, drill-down score reports tell you exactly the areas to focus on.