Implementing Data Models and Reports with SQL Server 2014
9.00am to 5.00pm
80 Jurong East Street 21 #04-04
Devan Nair Institute
S$3,000 (excl of G.S.T)
|2019 Course Dates
26 – 30 Aug 2019
21 – 25 Oct 2019
2 – 6 Dec 2019
|None of the published dates will work for you? Speak to our training consultants for a private tuition arrangement or a closed door training.|
|Do note that this course listed is a Microsoft Digital Class (DMOC Class). You are required to bring your own device.|
The focus of this five-day instructor-led course is on creating managed enterprise BI solutions. It describes how to implement multidimensional and tabular data models, deliver reports with Microsoft® SQL Server® Reporting Services, create dashboards with Microsoft SharePoint Server PerformancePoint Services, and discover business insights by using data mining.
Note: This course is designed for customers who are interested in learning SQL Server 2012 or SQL Server 2014. It covers the new features in SQL Server 2014, but also the important capabilities across the SQL Server data platform.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
• Describe the components, architecture, and nature of a BI solution.
• Create a multidimensional database with Analysis Services.
• Implement dimensions in a cube.
• Implement measures and measure groups in a cube.
• Use MDX Syntax.
• Customize a cube.
• Implement a Tabular Data Model in SQL Server Analysis Services.
• Use DAX to enhance a tabular model.
• Create reports with Reporting Services.
• Enhance reports with charts and parameters.
• Manage report execution and delivery.
• Implement a dashboard in SharePoint Server with PerformancePoint Services.
• Use Data Mining for Predictive Analysis.
Module 1: Introduction to Business Intelligence and Data Modeling
Module 2: Creating Multidimensional Databases
Module 3: Working with Cubes and Dimensions
Module 4: Working with Measures and Measure Groups
Module 5: Introduction to MDX
Module 6: Enhancing a Cube
Module 7: Implementing an Analysis Services Tabular Data Model
Module 8: Introduction to DAX
Module 9: Implementing Reports with SQL Server Reporting Services
Module 10: Enhancing Reports with SQL Server Reporting Services
Module 11: Managing Report Execution and Delivery
Module 12: Delivering BI with SharePoint PerformancePoint Services
Module 13: Performing Predictive Analysis with Data Mining
Click here for full course Outline