Developing Windows Application with Microsoft Visual Studio 2010
9.00am to 5.00pm
80 Jurong East Street 21 #04-04
Devan Nair Institute
S$3,000 (excl of G.S.T)
|2019 Course Dates
5 – 8 Aug 2019(9-7pm)
9 – 13 Dec 2019
|None of the published dates will work for you? Speak to our training consultants for a private tuition arrangement or a closed door training.|
|Do note that this course listed is a Microsoft Digital Class (DMOC Class). You are required to bring your own device to access the digital manual.|
In this course, experienced developers who know the basics of Windows Forms development gain more advanced Windows Client design and development skills. WinForms and WPF programming models, as well as relative strengths and when to use each technology, are covered.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
• Understand how varying business requirements influence the design decisions when planning a Windows Client application.
• Understand the new features of Visual Studio 2010 WPF
• Design and build a UI that provides the expected end-user experience and UI functionality
• Create a consistent and manageable user interface
• Understand best practices when testing and learn how to debug their applications
• Use advanced exception handling in Windows Client application scenarios
• Implement advanced data binding scenarios
• Use coding techniques to improve the responsiveness of their applications
• Implement localization, user assistance, and accessibility features within an application
• Understand the basics of graphics in WPF
• Customize controls and introduce students to custom controls
• Implement application behaviors based on user actions or events by using attached properties and Expression Blend behaviors
• Develop data visualization within their applications in a manner that enables the application user to drill down into data visually
• Manage application state and settings throughout the application lifecycle
• Deploy their applications using the various methods supported by Visual Studio 2010
Module 1: Windows Client Application Design
Module 2: Introduction to Visual Studio 2010 and WPF Version 4
Module 3: Designing and Developing a User Interface
Module 4: Taking Control of the User Interface
Module 5: Testing, Unit Testing, and Debugging
Module 6: Simple Data Binding and Validation
Module 7: Data Binding to Collections
Module 8: Enhancing UI Responsiveness
Module 9: Integrating Localization and User Assistance Features
Module 10: WPF 2D Graphics, Multimedia, and Printing
Module 11: Control Customization
Module 12: Attached Properties and Behaviors in WPF
Module 13: Animations in WPF
Module 14: Application State, Settings, and Lifecycle
Module 15: Configure and Deploy Windows Client Applications
Click Here for full course Outline
NOTE: The official practice test is available for this exam, you may sign up the practice test as an add-on to your certification package.
Practice Test 70-511
This practice tests contains 150 questions and robust explanations.
Practice Test 70-511 VB prepares candidates for the Microsoft exam 70-511 TS: Windows Applications Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4 exam. It is designed to test the candidate’s knowledge and skills in developing applications using Windows Forms, WPF and the .NET Framework 4. Candidates should work in a development environment that uses Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2010 and Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 to create Windows Forms and WPF applications. Microsoft recommends that candidates have at least one year of experience developing Windows-based applications by using Visual Studio, and at least six months of experience with Visual Studio 2010 Professional.
Candidates should have a solid understanding of the .NET Framework 4.0 solution stack for WPF and Windows Form applications and have experience in creating data-driven user interfaces for WPF and Windows Form applications. Candidates should also have experience creating layouts by using Extensible Application Markup Language (XAML) and experience programming against the WPF and Windows Form object model. Candidates should also have experience with unit testing using MSTest and experience with setup and deployment projects.
When you pass this exam, you complete the requirements for the following certification:
- Technology: Microsoft Visual Studio 2010
- Credit toward certification: MCTS
Master the Microsoft 70-511VB content and be ready for exam day success as quickly as possible with this practice test.
70-511 VB test contains 150 questions and covers the following objectives:
- Building a User Interface by Using Basic Techniques – 33 questions
- Enhancing a User Interface by Using Advanced Techniques – 31 questions
- Managing Data at the User Interface Layer – 34 questions
- Enhancing the Functionality and Usability of a Solution – 26 questions
- Stabilizing and Releasing a Solution – 26 questions
This test includes references to the following media:
Why Choose the Microsoft Official Practice Test powered by MeasureUp?
Quality test content is extremely important to us so that you will be prepared on exam day. We ensure that all objectives of the exam are covered in depth so you’ll be ready for any question on the exam. Our practice tests are written by industry experts in the subject matter. They work closely with certification providers to understand the exam objectives, participate in beta testing and take the exam themselves before creating new practice tests. Our quality content and innovative technology have earned the prestigious credential of Microsoft Certified Practice Test Provider.
- Online performance-based simulations give hands on work environment experience
- Questions are similar to exam questions so you test your knowledge of exam objectives
- Detailed explanations for both correct and distractor answers reinforce the material
- Study Mode covers all objectives ensuring topics are covered
- Certification Mode (timed) prepares students for exam taking conditions
- Instant, drill-down score reports tell you exactly the areas to focus on.
- Web, mobile, and cloud development tools
- Build apps for Windows, Android, and iOS
- Integrated designers, editors, debuggers, and profilers
- Ability to deploy, debug, and manage Microsoft Azure services
- Thousands of extensions, from PHP to gaming
- Availability for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux
- First-class support for ASP.NET 5 and Node.js
- Ability to write code in your favorite programming language
- Intelligent code authoring, understanding, and navigation
- Debugging and Git support at your fingertips